Saturday, October 6, 2007

I love my work...hmmm do I??

Diary entry for Oct 4th 2007



She: Boss..I have never made ne mistakes in my entire tenure in your organization..



Boss: That’s also not a very good thing



She < smiling to herself> : yes sir..



Boss: You have no point to prove in here



She : Yes sir



Sigh! The things we do for money….



There are people who like some people and therefore push them forward..its a very human emotion and obviously demands no justification…but yeah when your boss starts doing that to you, you actually start questioning this very innocent emotion…



I experienced this firsthand yesterday…seriously Alanis Morrisette is so right when she says “you live..you learn”…until yesterday I never knew that someone can actually overlook all that what you have done and all that what you are because he ‘favors’ someone else over you. Few months into corporate world and I have come to believe that your conscience actually starts dying the day you enter into a corp world…like fluid from a bottle, which slowly ebb if u leave the cap open…yeah something like that. Okkk coming back to yesterday:



My crappy asshole manager pointed out a very silly mistake of mine, the point out was done by emailing me, my Shift Lead, my other team members and my super manager…I wrote a reply back…asking for clarifications…well, it all culminated into a meeting with my super manager, shift lead and me…I went with all the mistakes that have been made by other ‘favorites’of my manager . The naïve me actually thought that I would be heard..The meeting started n 10 mins into it I wanted to kick myself for sitting there in flesh and form. It was so filmy that I smiled, telling myself that a bigger asshole has not taken birth on this Planet...I was told things like at a managerial position , you might miss somethings and that may be the reason why the mistakes of my colleagues were not pointed out. I wanted tell them that dude that’s why you draw 7 lacs p.a…to screw people’s happiness…great! The super manager also went ahead and said that there was no point in me writing that email for clarifications..."What did you get out of it?"





I excused myself from the meeting abruptly…something inside me said..’sorry..no more’



Went in the washroom and shouted all the gaalis I knew < n I knew quite a lot> to the great people of my organization.



Came and started working again.



Again I say…The things we do for money…makes me wanna think, is money really not all that important???

No comments: